Makes 25-30 medium sized cookies
Recipe amended from Cake Journal
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 300g butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ¼ cups plain flour (plus extra for kneading)
- Mix together the two types of sugar, vanilla and the egg.
- Add flour and butter. Mix until dough forms.
- Dust your work surface with flour and knead the dough lightly. Wrap well in cling film and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius with baking tray in the middle of the oven.
- Once at temperature, bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Tip: Don’t over work the dough – this will make it expand more in the oven!