There’s something special about spotting the iconic gold wrapper of a Whittaker’s Peanut Slab as you wander around the supermarket aisles – and even more so when they’re sitting in your shopping trolley!
Whether you love that they’re densely packed with peanuts or that feeling you get you bite into what’s certainly quite a slab of milk chocolate, there’s no denying they’re memorable for all the right reasons.
Luckily these Triple Chocolate Peanut Slab Biscuits are on the same page as their chocolate namesake – memorable, decadent and devilishly moorish. Imagine a soft, cakey chocolate biscuit stuffed to breaking point with chunks of chopped Peanut Slabs, topped with a light drizzling of milk, white and dark chocolate. Sounds good, huh?
Not only are they delicious, but other than the chocolate, you’re bound to have all the ingredients already sitting in your cupboard – a quick dash to the dairy and you could easily be munching on these decadent biscuits tonight… just a thought!
The best part is they stay soft even days after baking, making them perfect for stashing in the cookie jar for a weekday treat – if they last long, that is.
There’s no denying these biscuits are pretty decadent, making them perfect for enjoying as dessert while you snuggle up in front of the TV to watch your favourite shows on Lightbox.
Try popping a biscuit in the microwave for 20 seconds or so before enjoying with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – the biscuit and Peanut Slab inside softens up even more with the warmth and the drizzled chocolate on top melts slightly. I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve enjoyed quite a number of these indulgent desserts while binging on the latest season of Orange Is the New Black on Lightbox – ah-ma-zing!
Makes 24 medium-sized biscuits
- 225g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 Whittaker’s Peanut Slabs (250g total), chopped in pieces
- 80g Whittaker’s milk chocolate, in pieces
- 80g Whittaker’s white chocolate, in pieces
- 80g Whittaker’s dark chocolate, in pieces
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line four baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda to wet mixture, and mix until well combined. Add chopped Peanut Slabs and stir until evenly dispersed through mixture.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized heaps of mixture and roll into balls. Place on baking tray and lightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits centres are set but still soft. Allow to cool on baking tray for five minutes before carefully transferring to cooling rack.
- Once biscuits are cool, place milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each. Once melted, pour into a small snap-lock bag, snip the corner and drizzle chocolate over biscuits. Repeat with both white and dark chocolate.
- Allow biscuits to sit at room temperature until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container.
This post was made possible with thanks to Lightbox.