Easter is just days away so now’s the time to temporarily forget your healthy-eating plans, sit back and enjoy the spoils of the season – chocolate in all its delicious forms. This means Easter eggs, homemade treats and, of course, the decadent new Tim Tam mocktails range. After all, who doesn’t love relaxing with a Tim Tam in hand?
But let’s be honest, the kids shouldn’t be the only ones enjoying delicious Easter-themed treats this long weekend, right? That’s where these delish Tim Tam Easter egg truffles come in. Decadent? Check. Cute? Check. Delicious? Double-check.
Imagine a creamy Tim Tam truffle bursting with all the flavour of your favourite drinks for a night out with the girls, dipped in creamy milk chocolate and drizzled with just a little white chocolate to, you know, balance out the rest of the chocolate. Sounds good, right?
Well, what if I told you that you only need three ingredients to make these decadent adult Easter treats? Yip, all you need is cream cheese, chocolate and your favourite flavour from the new Tim Tam mocktails range – Virgin Espresso Martini, Virgin Piña Colada, Virgin Strawberry Champagne or, in the Tim Tam Chocolicious Bites range, Velvet Mudslide bites.
I’m a sucker for anything pineapple so I made mine using the Piña Colada Tim Tam biscuits and they turned out absolutely beautifully. Just like the biscuits themselves, these super creamy egg-shaped truffles are absolutely bursting with flavour, while the thin chocolate shell gives them just the right amount of crunch – and chocolate!
So treat the adults to these decadent Tim Tam truffles this Easter. They’re so good that you won’t want to wait – this weekend just eat dessert first!
Tim Tam Easter egg truffles
Makes approx. 25 truffles
- 450g (2 packets + 7 biscuits) Piña Colada Tim Tam biscuits
- 250g cream cheese, cubed
- 250g milk chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- Place Tim Tam biscuits in food processor and blend until ground to a fine crumb. Add cream cheese and pulse until well combined and mixture clumps together. Place mixture in fridge for 10 minutes before handling.
- Roll mixture into small balls, pressing lightly on one end to form an egg shape. Place on lined baking tray. Place in fridge to firm for approx. 15 minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate melts in microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing between each. Dip each truffle in chocolate using a fork, tapping off excess before replacing on lined baking tray. Place in fridge to set for 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate using the same method and tint with a little yellow gel food colouring if desired. Spoon into a small bag, snip the corner and drizzle over truffles. Return to fridge to set completely (approx. 30 min). Store in fridge.
Note: The mixture will be very soft – if you find it too sticky, simply return to fridge before rolling remaining truffles.
Psst – want to win $1,000 towards the Ultimate Girls’ Night In?
Simply share your Tim Tam moment on social media using the hashtag #timtammoments between now and the end of April and you will go in the draw to win!
Check out the #timtammoments to see what other people are sharing and get your entry in. Remember, one entry per person and don’t forget to read the terms and conditions.
This post was made possible thanks to Arnott’s Tim Tam. All opinions, recipes and photos are my own.