Adapted from Bake by Allyson Gofton
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- Butter or margarine to spread
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease cake tin (I used a 23cm/9inch pan)
- Mix (not cream) together sugar and butter. Once combined, mix in egg and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and baking powder together. Fold in flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool in tin for five minutes before turning onto cooling rack.
- Brush with softened butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Best served warm