Makes enough to fill and decorate a 9″ cake
- 200g butter, softened
- 3 – 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 – 3 Tbsp milk to thin
- Beat butter with paddle attachment or wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add 3 cups of icing sugar, one cup at a time. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- If icing is too thin, incrementally add remaining icing sugar until reach desired consistency.
- If icing is too thick, add milk by the tablespoon until reach desired consistency
- Once happy with the consistency, scoop out approx. ½ cup of buttercream and place in small bowl. Add vanilla bean paste and mix until well combined. Spread across bottom cake before sandwiching them together.
- Tint the remaining buttercream to your desired shade, then decorate cake as desired.