With the weather cooling down and a newborn on the horizon, I’m spending more time snuggling up at home than ever. And you know what? It’s actually pretty amazing.
While not needing to set an alarm, having the option of wearing pyjamas all day and watching the rain rather than trekking through it are all definite bonuses, that’s not why it’s so great. What I’m really loving is having time to settle down and spend time with friends and family – and really appreciate it.
After all, there’s not much better than throwing on the kettle and spending time with your loved ones, right? Especially if you pop open your favourite Tim Tam bikkies at the same time.
Well, it turns out there is a way to make those moments just a little bit better – by making your Tim Tam treat even more indulgent with these Black Forest Tim Tam parfaits. Yip. Tim Tam parfaits!
This recipe is based around one of my favourite flavours from the new Tim Tam Gelato Messina range – you guessed it, Black Forest. With a rich dark chocolate coating, creamy Tim Tam filling and just the right Black Forest tang, these biscuits are as good as the ice cream – if not better!
That’s what makes them the perfect base for this gorgeous dessert – they’re packed with flavour, so all you need to do is combine them with a few simple ingredients to really make them pop. And like all good desserts, they’re an absolute breeze to make – which means you can spend less time making dessert and more time enjoying them with your friends, family, partner, kids…
Because we all know that a Tim Tam is better when shared, right?
Black Forest Tim Tam Parfaits
- 4 Tim Tam Black Forest biscuits, crushed
- 205g (half a can) tinned raspberries, drained
- 210g (half a can) canned pitted cherries, drained
- 220g (half a tub) vanilla bean custard
- 2 Tim Tam Black Forest biscuits, halved
- Place 4 Tim Tam Black Forest biscuits in a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin until broken into small pieces. Open bag and spoon into serving dishes (stemless wine glasses work beautifully) – aim to pop around 3 Tbsp in each glass.
- Spoon around 1 Tbsp of pitted cherries into serving dishes. Repeat with approx. 1 Tbsp of raspberries.
- Divide vanilla bean custard evenly between the two dishes. Top with more cherries and raspberries.
- Carefully cut 2 Tim Tam Black Forest biscuits in half diagonally and stand them in serving dishes. Finish with remaining crushed Tim Tam.
There are four beautiful flavours in the new Tim Tam Gelato Messina range in-stores now – Choc Mint, Salted Caramel & Vanilla, Coconut & Lychee and Black Forest.
This post was made possible thanks to Tim Tam. All words, photos and opinions are, and always will be, my own.