- 2 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 225g butter, softened and cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate, roughly chopped (I used Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy Beanies by Cadbury)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture in three additions, mixing well between each. Add chocolate and stir until evenly dispersed through mixture.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized heaps of mixture and roll into balls. Place on baking tray and lightly flatten with fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits centres are set but still soft – this can be tested by inserting a skewer into one biscuit. Allow to cool on baking tray for approx. five minutes before carefully transferring to cooling rack.