There’s nothing better than a night hanging out with your girlfriends – whether you get glammed up and head out for a cocktail or two or hang out at home with a movie and some treats, you always know that you’re in for a good time.
And thanks to Tim Tam, that good time just got even better. I have three words for to: Tim Tam mocktails. Yip, Tim Tam biscuits that taste (and smell) just like your favourite drinks on a girl’s night in or out.
There are four delish flavours in the range – Virgin Espresso Martini, Virgin Pina Colada, Virgin Strawberry Champagne and in the Tim Tam Chocolicious Bites range, Velvet Mudslide bites. And after settling down for a night of taste testing with my girlfriends I can definitely say that they’re all freaking amazing.
But with a scent that’s to die for and beautiful pink filling, I simply couldn’t go past the Strawberry Champagne Tim Tam – and that’s when this Strawberry Champagne Tim Tam slice was born.
Imagine a rich Strawberry Champagne flavoured Tim Tam base topped with a creamy layer of condensed milk that’s been spiked with just a dash of bubbles. This is finished with a layer of fresh strawberry jelly and dotted with freeze dried strawberries. Delicious, huh?
While this slice may look a little complicated it’s one of the simplest things you’ll ever make – if you can mix up a packet of jelly, you’re a third of the way there! But despite being so easy to make, this flavours of this slice will still blow you away – everything from the scent and colours to flavours and texture is to die for.
So gather your girlfriends, grab a packet (or two) of the new limited edition cocktail-inspired Tim Tam range and enjoy an extra special girl’s night.
Strawberry Champagne Tim Tam slice
- 250g Strawberry Champagne Tim Tam biscuits (14 biscuits)
- 55g butter, melted
- 4 tsp gelatine + 2 tsp extra
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp champagne
- 395g condensed milk
- 1 packet strawberry jelly crystals
- Freeze-dried strawberries, to top
- Line a 25x15cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place Tim Tam biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and blend into a fine crumb.
- Add melted butter and mix until well combined (mixture will form a ball and appear quite moist)
- Scoop biscuit mixture into prepared pan, pressing out to ensure entire base is covered. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water and ¼ cup champagne into a small bowl. Add 4 tsp gelatine and mix until dissolved.
- Place condensed milk, 2 Tbsp champagne and gelatine mixture in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Remove slice from fridge and pour condensed milk mixture over prepared base. Place in fridge for one hour or until condensed milk layer has set.
- Make jelly according to the instructions on the packet and add 2 tsp of gelatine to the mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Once jelly has cooled, pour over prepared slice. Press freeze-dried strawberries into jelly, pushing down lightly so they are fully submerged. Pop any bubbles that appear with a skewer.
- Chill for one hour or until set. Slice into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: Best enjoyed immediately after being removed from the fridge or plated with a fork if slice has warmed slightly.
This post was made possible thanks to Arnott’s Tim Tam. All opinions, recipes and photos are my own.