A great cookie really is something special. Whether you’ve had a hard day, have something to celebrate, or just need a bit of an energy boost a cookie can be just what you need. But finding a recipe for perfect cookies is not easy feat – luckily for you, I’ve got an incredible one up my sleeve!
This cookie is a dream for anyone who loves to treat themselves with a Snickers bar – it’s absolutely packed with them! But it’s not just the Snickers bars that makes these cookies special – there’s a generous handful of chopped peanuts and chocolate chips in them too.
You know, for good measure.
There’s something about these cookies that is undeniably moorish. The dough itself is packed with the flavour of good quality brown sugar, with that slightly molasses-y taste coming through beautifully. Every bite is packed with flavour, texture and a bit of a surprise – first bite you might get a peanut, the second chocolate, and the third gooey chopped Snickers. Yeah, they’re as good as they sound.
Another great thing about these cookies is just how easy they are to make – it really is as simple as throwing everything together in a bowl and mixing it together. Well, other than creaming the butter but that’s all done in a pinch!
This recipe gives you a pretty big batch of mixture – enough to make around 30 cookies! If you don’t need that many (and let’s be honest, there aren’t too many times when you do!) then simply halve the recipe. Either way, these are definitely cookies you’ll want to make!
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups light muscovado sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 212g (one bag treat-sized bars) Snickers, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornflour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add chopped Snickers, chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into 3cm balls and place on a baking tray approx 4cm apart. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.