- 1 cup buttermilk (milk + ½ Tbsp white vinegar)
- 1 cup black coffee, cooled
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. Grease and line two 9 inch cake tins.
- Make coffee and set aside to cool. Prepare homemade buttermilk and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil, coffee and buttermilk and mix on a low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Pour into prepare cake tins and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in tins for 5 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely before icing.