Recipe adapted from Chelsea Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 125g butter
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g sweetened condensed milk (half a standard tin)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Place all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a medium-heavy saucepan. Stirring continuously, warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved (10-15 min).
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120°C), while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla. Whisk until fudge is creamy, thick and has lost its gloss.
- Pour into a greased and lined pan and place in fridge to set.
- Before cutting, place on bench for 15 minutes to soften then slice into pieces using a sharp knife.