Is it just me, or does this summer just seem to be getting hotter and hotter? It’s the kind of weather that sees me sleeping with the fan on, throwing open all the doors as soon as I get home each day to cool it down and wishing we had a pool in the garden (alas, our paddling pool will have to do).
While there are parts of summer that can be a struggle, there’s not really too much to complain about – who doesn’t love endless blue skies, cloudless days and beautifully warm weather? The trick is finding quick and easy ways to cool down when that summer heat is about to become a little too much.
That’s where these delicious recipes for strawberry, lemon & basil infused water and sparkling raspberry lemonade come in – they’re quick to make, delightfully refreshing and absolutely delicious!
Both of these recipes are designed to refresh a crowd, with each one making 4 litres of delicious summery drinks – and that’s where owning a drinks dispenser comes in handy. Not only do they make it easy for even the littlest guests to pour their own drinks but they act as a bit of a centrepiece, making even the simplest summer BBQ feel a bit special.
I got my gorgeous dispenser from EziBuy – they have a couple of options available and are really well priced, so be sure to check them out. I like to serve these drinks along with individual mason jar mugs for the ultimate in summer entertaining.
So set aside some time this weekend and whip up one of these refreshing summer drinks – then sit back, relax and enjoy!
Strawberry, Lemon & Basil Infused Water
(makes approx. 4 litres)
- 2 punnets strawberries, sliced with tops removed
- 3 lemons, sliced
- small handful fresh basil, torn and scrunched
- 3.5 litres water
- Fill dispenser with water
- Add sliced strawberries, lemons and basil. Mix through water with a wooden spoon.
- Allow to sit for five minutes before serving. The longer the fruit sits in the water, the stronger the flavour will be.
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
(makes approx. 4 litres)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 500g raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 litres sparkling water
- Fresh raspberries and sliced lemon to serve
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove syrup from heat and set aside.
- Place raspberries in a food processor and blend until smooth. Press raspberry puree through a fine sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds.
- Pour raspberry puree, lemon juice and sugar syrup into dispenser. Whisk until well combined.
- Add sparkling water immediately prior to serving. Finish with fresh raspberries and sliced lemon.