Looking for a slice that’s super simple to make but packs a punch, right from the base to the topping? Then you’ll love this easy raspberry and coconut supergrain slice.
Imagine a chewy and flavoursome base packed with cocoa, toasted coconut and six supergrains (think everything from quinoa to amaranth), topped with a sweet coconut filling dotted with freeze-dried raspberries and finished with a drizzle of dark chocolate, coconut flakes and a few more raspberries for good measure. Sounds good, right?
But the best part is that despite being absolutely packed with flavour and supergrains, this slice is a breeze to make – and you don’t need to spend hours trawling the supermarket aisles for all kinds of unusual ingredients. All you need to do is pop by the muesli bar aisle and grab a couple of boxes of Tasti Supergrain Bars.
Tasti’s Cocoa, Toasted Coconut & Quinoa Supergrains bars make this slice so simple – all you need to do is crush them up, mix with a little melted butter and you have a beautifully flavoursome base all sorted.
The unique combination of quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, brown rice, oat and millet makes for a deliciously textured and flavoursome base that really is delicious – and you don’t usually rave about a slice base! This recipe uses eight bars (just under two boxes) which means you’ll have a couple left over to enjoy on the go – and you’ll totally want to, they’re that good.
With all that goodness going on in the base, this slice brings a bit of extra sweetness in with the filling – a beautiful combination of condensed milk, coconut and freeze-dried raspberries, with a couple of eggs to help it set nicely. Top that off with a topping that’s as pretty as it is flavoursome, and you’re onto a winner.
So pop in-store and pick-up some Tasti Supergrain Bars and get baking – I’m sure you’re going to love this one!
Raspberry and coconut supergrain slice
Makes approx. 32 pieces
- 240g (8 bars) Tasti Cocoa, Toasted Coconut & Quinoa Supergrains bars
- 50g butter, melted
- 395g condensed milk
- 225g desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup freeze-dried raspberries
- Pink food colouring
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup freeze-dried raspberries
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- Break Supergrains bars into pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor. Blend to a fine crumb. Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into lined slice tin and evenly spread across base of tin. Press firmly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, desiccated coconut and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add pink food colouring until desired colour is reached. Add freeze-dried raspberries and fold through mixture until well combined.
- Scoop over prepared base and spread until base is evenly covered. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Lift slice from pan and place on a chopping board.
- Spoon melted chocolate into a small bag and snip the corner. Drizzle around half the chocolate over the prepared slice. Sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries and coconut flakes, then drizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Place slice in fridge until chocolate is set (approx. 5 minutes) before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Thanks to the lovely team at Tasti I have a great little prize pack to giveaway to one lucky reader, including one box of all three Supergrains bars: Almond, Cranberry & Linseed, Pepita, Chia & Manuka Honey and (of course) Cocoa, Toasted Coconut & Quinoa.
To be in to win, simply leave a comment below letting me know which Supergrains bar you would most like to try.
This recipe was made possible thanks to Tasti. All comments, recipes and images are my own.
Entries close 11.59pm Monday 19 September. The winner will be chosen at random and notified on Tuesday 20 September. Winner must make contact within 3 business days or they will forfeit the prize a new winner will be drawn. Sorry – this giveaway is only open to New Zealand residents.