Ever have those days where you just want to eat something so ridiculously indulgent that it practically spikes your sugar levels just thinking about it? Yeah, me too.
Over the years I’ve made quite a number of indulgent treats (you’ll find lots of them over in the Recipe Index) but there are some that are especially memorable – think russian fudge cupcakes with crushed Russian fudged blended through the icing, salted caramel and chocolate tartlets filled to the brim with homemade caramel, and peanut butter and chocolate dipped cupcakes where the icing is literally encased in a chocolate shell… yum!
I have a feeling that this Pineapple Lump fudge will soon be joining the ranks of these decadent recipes as one of my absolute favourite, indulgent treats – it’s just too good! Not that I’m surprised though – what’s not to love about milk chocolate fudge packed with Pineapple Lumps?
This fudge is a chocolate-lovers dream. Imagine a creamy, soft chocolate fudge made with a block and a half of milk eating chocolate, stuffed with chopped Pineapple Lumps and finished with a scattering of – you guessed it – even more chopped Pineapple Lumps. Sounds delicious, right?
Despite being so indulgent, this fudge is incredibly simple to make – it’s as easy as popping the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and stirring it until smooth. Voila! You have fudge. There’s no need to carefully melt sugar, measure the temperature or beat till your arms ache with this recipe.
But it’s the Pineapple Lumps that really make this fudge special – how could they not, they’re a Kiwi favourite! There’s a full bag of Pineapple Lumps chopped into this recipe, either mixed through the fudge itself or scattered on top as decoration – because, let’s be honest, lumpy looking chocolate fudge doesn’t look great. My recommendation? Be sure to pick up real-deal Pascall Pineapple Lumps for this recipe – other brands just don’t have quite the same taste!
The chewiness of the Pineapple Lumps set within ultra-creamy chocolate fudge works perfectly, while the distinct Pineapple Lump flavour punches through the milk chocolate, giving your taste buds a welcome break from all that chocolate.
Have I convinced you to try it yet? I hope you love it as much as I do.
- 400g milk chocolate, broken
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 25g butter, softened
- 100g icing sugar
- 140g (one bag) Pascall Pineapple Lumps, chopped
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. I used a 25cm x 15cm tin for mine.
- Place chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a saucepan and warm over low heat. Stir continuously until melted, smooth and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Add icing sugar and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Stir through half the chopped Pineapple Lumps until evenly distributed. Pour fudge into prepared slice tin. Top with remaining Pineapple Lumps.
- Place in fridge to set (approx. one hour). Slice using a warm knife. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.