- 500g caster sugar
- 4 tsp glucose syrup
- 2 Tbsp gelatine powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp peppermint essence
- Red food colouring
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup corn flour
- Grease and line a rectangular tray with baking paper. Lightly spray top of baking paper with non-stick spray.
- Place 200ml of water in a bowl and sprinkle with gelatine. Set aside.
- Place sugar, glucose and 200ml of water in a large saucepan. Place on low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and insert sugar thermometer. Boil for 3-5 minutes until the mixture reaches 120 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from heat and carefully add gelatine mixture. Whisk until gelatine dissolves and no lumps remain.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and beat with whisk attachment on high until foamy. Gradually add hot sugar syrup while mixing.
- Continue to beat on high until white and glossy – about 5 min with stand mixer, 10 with hand mixer. Fold peppermint through mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Drop red food colouring randomly on top and pull a table knife through to create a marble effect. Leave to set overnight
- Sift together icing sugar and corn flour. Dust large knife with icing sugar mixture and slice marshmallow into squares.
- Roll each piece in icing sugar mixture and place on cooling rack. Leave to dry for at least 3 hours. Store in an airtight container.