Hands up if you love peanut butter! Yeah, me too – I’m addicted. On toast, Cruskits or simply by the spoonful, I would easily eat peanut butter every day I could.
But you know what makes peanut butter even better? Bringing a bit of chocolate into the mix. And that’s exactly what Tim Tam has done with their new Tim Tam Peanut Butter biscuits, giving peanut butter lovers like you and me the perfect reason to celebrate.
And what better way to celebrate an indulgent new Tim Tam flavour than with an even more indulgent sweet treat? Something that’s packed with chocolate, peanut butter and the new Tim Tam biscuits – a mouth watering Peanut Butter Tim Tam brownie.
This recipe is a must-try for any Tim Tam fan with a deep love of chocolate – it’s one decadent treat! Packed with just the right amount of dark chocolate, a generous helping of chopped Peanut Butter flavoured Tim Tam bikkies, and topped with a drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate. This brownie is sure to become a firm favourite!
Like all good brownies this one is soft and chewy, rich and gooey and absolutely packed with flavour. The Tim Tam biscuits soften up a little during baking, bringing that beautiful peanut butter flavour into the mix while retaining just the right amount of crunch.
But my favourite thing about this recipe is how easily it is to make – simply mix up the batter, pop in some chopped Tim Tam biscuits and bake. Too simple, right?
So whether you have a special occasion coming up or you just want to treat yourself, you have to try this Peanut Butter Tim Tam brownie – it’s a truly memorable treat.
- 315g dark chocolate, chopped
- 170g butter, cubed
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 165g (one packet) Tim Tam Peanut Butter flavoured biscuits, quartered
- 10g dark chocolate, chopped (for topping)
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line a slice tin with baking paper (I used a 25x15cm pan) and set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan and gently warm over a low heat. Stir continuously until ingredients are melted and combined. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat until pale and thick. Pour in cooled chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add flour and gently fold into mixture until well combined.
- Pour half mixture into prepared pan, smoothing so entire base is covered. Press chopped Tim Tam Peanut Butter flavoured biscuits into the batter. Top with remaining brownie mixture and smooth so no biscuits are visible.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out with just a few crumbs stuck to it. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before placing on a rack to cool entirely.
- Once cool, melt remaining chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts and pour into small snaplock bag. Snip the corner and drizzle over cooled brownie. Repeat this step with peanut butter. Allow topping to set before cutting into squares.
This post was made possible thanks to Tim Tam.