Peanut butter and jam is one of those funny combinations – I’m not sure how it works, but it does.
While I don’t usually indulge in it myself, when I decided to make peanut butter muffins for this week’s Fast Friday post I couldn’t resist popping a bit of jam in the middle and baking myself a PB&J creation. And it’s pretty delicious.
The peanut butter muffin is light and fluffy, with just the right amount of peanut buttery hit to hit, while the jam gives them a sweet hit. To make them just a little more special I brushed each one with a little melted butter and sprinkled a combination of cinnamon and sugar on top. Enjoy!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup golden granulated sugar (I use Billington’s)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 30g butter, softened and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Approx ¼ cup jam
- 15g butter, melted (optional)
- 2 Tbsp white sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line 12 cup cupcake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter and butter and mix to a crumb.
- Add eggs and milk and mix until just moistened.
- Fill cases 1/3 with mixture. Spoon 1 tsp of jam into centre of each case. Fill cases to 2/3 with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- While still warm brush each muffin with melted butter. Combined sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle atop each muffin.