I’m pretty sure you’re aware of it by now, but peanut butter is one of my absolute favourite things in the world – on toast, in baking, or by the spoonful, I’m happy as long as there’s peanut butter in my life.
There are quite a few peanut butter recipes already lurking in the archives of this blog (pop over to the Recipe Index and see how many you can find), but there’s no such thing as too many peanut butter treats, right? Right!
With that in mind, let me introduce you to the latest peanut butter creation to hit High Tea with Dragons – peanut butter fudge. Just let that sink in for a minute… Peanut. Butter. Fudge.
Yip, it’s as amazing as it sounds! Packed with peanut butter flavour, this fudge is unbelievably creamy with a beautiful melt-in-your-mouth consistency. I’m not exaggerating – it literally disappears when you pop it in your mouth; delicious!
Unlike most fudges, this one is perfect for when you’re in a hurry and need a fool proof treat that can go the distance. The fudge is icing sugar based, meaning there’s no need for any careful boiling and measuring of sugar – simply melt the peanut butter and butter, add the icing sugar, mix it up and pop it in the fridge.
Despite being so simple to make, this is one memorable sweet treat – I’m thinking it’ll definitely make the Christmas baking list this year (and maybe even the w-e-d-d-i-n-g list – shh!). It’s absolutely packed with flavour, with the peanut butter keeping the sweetness of the icing sugar in check and making this a dangerously moorish treat to have around.
Be sure to keep yourself in check when enjoying this fudge though – it’s made with a massive amount of peanut butter and butter, so is definitely best shared! As soon as I sliced it I bundled it up into several containers, ready for workmates, family and friends – we’d be the size of houses if we got through it all!
But it’s definitely worth the risk, this is one delicious fudge! I hope you like it as much as I do.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking
- 280g butter
- 1 ¼ cup (approx one jar) smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- Line a medium pan (9” x 6” or similar) with baking paper
- In a large saucepan, warm together butter and peanut butter on medium heat until melted.
- Bring melted butters to a gentle simmer. Simmer for approx one minute, then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and icing sugar and stir until well combined
- Press into prepared pan and smooth using spoon or spatula.
- Cover top of fudge with plastic wrap, ensuring all fudge is covered, then place in fridge to set for at least one hour.