Happy Monday – and a big happy New Year too!
What a beautiful it’s turned out to be, huh? Perfect for lounging around in the sunshine and enjoying all those wonderful things Kiwi summers have to offer – I know we have been!
I hope you all had a fabulous summer break and are feeling refreshed and ready to take on the year ahead – I’m sure 2015 is going to be an awesome year.
Whether today marks your first day back in the office or you’ve been diligently working through, here are five things to help get your week off to a great start…
– This time last year I was sewing bowties for the groomsmen at our wedding, now I’m using the left over fabric to make mittens for the poor koala’s caught up in Australia’s bushfires. If you have a bit of spare cotton fabric lying around and want to help too, then click here for the details and pattern.
– Looking for something new to enjoy for lunch in 2015? Then check out this recipe for curried chickpea salad – it’s delicious! Add a couple of cups of fresh spinach into the mixture just before you finish cooking it and a little bit of chilli powder for extra kick. YUM.
– Our kittens definitely have their own little personalities. Sybil is a snuggler who must be with you everywhere and is very vocal when she feels left out (or that you’ve been away too long), while Hunter is a real cruiser, happy to go with the flow (that means being carted around the house) and obsessed with flies. Anyway, while all cats have their own little quirks there are some things most cats have in common – and this is what life would probably be like if they could text.
– I spotted this fabulous Olivia Bezett ‘spring sloth’ print at the Coatesville Markets just before Christmas and it took all my will not to buy it then and there. Instead, it’s right up the top of my ‘must buy for the home-office’ list – I just know seeing that little face each day would leave me feeling brighter.
– I’m a little late to the party with this one, but we received an Instax Mini 8 for Christmas and officially love it! We had so much fun playing around with it on Christmas Day and can’t wait to use it to document the year ahead – stay tuned for Polaroid-esque photos of everything from our cats and garden reno to the skyscrapers of NYC and Iceland’s biggest icebergs.