Can you believe it’s August already? I swear it’ll be Christmas before we know it – not that I’m complaining. We had a busy yet relaxing weekend perusing the stalls at The Food Show (I discovered something pretty exciting there that I can’t wait to share with you soon!), spending time with friends and hanging around the house with the kittens. A rather lovely weekend!
I hope you had a lovely weekend too – here are five things to get your week off to a great start…
– If you want to check out some incredibly gorgeous cakes from local decorators then head along to the Shore City Art of Cake Awards display from 8 – 28 August and vote for your favourite creation. There are also six free Cake Craft sessions where the finalists will share some of their cake decorating tips – keep an eye on the Shore City website for all the details.
– Need a little inspiration to kick start your week? Then check out this great little image and channel the one and only Leslie Knope in everything you do this week – I have this as the screen saver on my phone and it’s working a treat.
– I was luck enough to receive a pair of these gorgeous Karen Walker Rock Garden earrings for my birthday and am absolutely in love with them! I have the garnet pair and they’re definitely getting a lot of use – check out the full range here.
– While I’m a vegetarian Kevin is a big meat eater, so we’re always on the lookout for great deals when it comes to meat. We were thrilled to discover Green Meadows Beef at The Food Show this weekend while lets you order prime cuts of Angus beef online which is delivered straight from their New Plymouth farm to your door for free! We compared the prices against those at Countdown yesterday and surprisingly Green Meadows Beef was cheaper on most items and the same price for the rest.
– Game of Thrones is getting ready to kick off filming of their new season and have announced a bunch of new cast members – including the fact that they’ve replaced the actress who previously played Myrcella Baratheon. The replaced actress responded with a pretty funny little video – check it out here.