Where do the weekends go, huh? It was definitely a busy one around here as I finally got back into some much overdue baking, we continued unpacking and did a little shopping for our new home (who knew light shopping could be so much fun?).
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed this beautiful, crisp winter weather! Here are five things to get your week off to a great start…
– As we packed to move we unearthed bags full of maps, tickets and treasures we collected over our travels to the US. While I had planned on using them to make a scrapbook of our adventures, I think I’m going to make these keepsake kits instead – not only are they super easy, but they look cute too!
– Even though it’s getting pretty cold out there in the evening, I can’t go past a good ice cream for dessert. Tip Top’s Boysenberry Ripple is my current favourite – you get a big tub of award winning ice cream (it recently won its 5th consecutive gold at the NZ Ice Cream Awards!) for around $7! Team it up with a chocolate mug cake for the perfect quick & easy winter treat.
– I’ve been searching for a unique frame for awhile now, but haven’t found anything quite right – that is until I saw this gorgeous one. Aren’t the gold flowers stunning? I can’t wait to give this DIY a try (yip – you can make this yourself! How cool is that?)
– Think the frame looks a little too labour intensive? Then check out this super easy DIY for 10 minute pillow covers – awesome! Proof that DIY doesn’t have to be time consuming.
– Sick of having to Google convert your measurements before baking recipe from overseas? Then check out this awesome infographic that you can print out and stick on your fridge to make conversions a breeze!