Sometimes you just need chocolate.
Whether you’ve had a hard day or have something to celebrate, a little bit of chocolate can go a long way to making life a bit brighter.
But then there’s the big decision – what sort of chocolate do you indulge in? White, dark or milk? A chocolate biscuit? A chocolate coated sweet? It can feel like a pretty big decision when you’re standing in the confectionary aisle with dozens of options in front of you.
That’s where this decadent slice comes in – it has a little bit of everything so you don’t have to pick at all!
This fudgey, crispy slice is really something special. Imagine a slice made from milk chocolate and crushed biscuits mixed with Malteasers and drizzled with white, milk and dark chocolate… Sounds good right?
What makes this slice even better is how incredibly easy it is to make – you don’t even need to switch on the oven! Perfect for whipping up in a hurry or on a baking afternoon with the kids, you’ll have this treat sitting in the fridge chilling in less than 30 minutes.
The finished slice is absolutely delicious – the Malteasers and biscuit crumbs give it a beautiful crunch, while the chocolate gives it a melt-in-your-mouth quality. Crunchy yet smooth, flavoursome yet familiar, this is one recipe all chocolate lovers should try – you’ll love it!
Recipe adapted from The Brunette Baker
- 175g milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 113g butter, softened
- 125g plain biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup Malteasers + ½ cup Malteasers to top
- ¼ cup milk chocolate melts
- ¼ cup white chocolate melts
- ¼ cup dark chocolate melts
- Grease and line a medium slice tin and set aside.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Place milk chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add biscuit crumbs. Mix until well combined. Add Malteasers and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and place in fridge until set.
- Cut remaining Malteasers in half using a sharp knife. Melt each of the chocolate melts separately and place in small snaplock bags with the corners snipped.
- Drizzle milk chocolate over the set slice. Top with sliced Malteasers, then drizzle milk, white and dark chocolate on top of slice. Place in fridge to chill.
- Slice using warm knife. Store in the fridge.