There’s no denying that summer is just around the corner – the sun is shining, the days are longer and temperatures are creeping higher.
As we teeter on the verge of summer, now’s the perfect time to stop and take stock before the madness of the festive season kicks off and make changes that will leave you feeling better all summer long – like updating your weekly menu to include lighter meals that don’t fill your house with unnecessary extra heat.
That’s where this delicious cheesecake comes in. Not only does it make for a creamy, fresh summer dessert, but it’s even includes a certain special ingredient that will leave you feeling great – Symbio yoghurt. Yip, there’s yoghurt in this cheesecake!
Unlike other yoghurts, Symbio is packed with a special natural probiotic that’s known to restore digestive balance – it actually remains live as it sits in your fridge!
It turns out that eating 1.8 billion of these live probiotic cultures each day for two weeks is enough to leave your stomach feeling better. Sounds like a lot of yoghurt, right? Nope – just one serve of Symbio yoghurt has more than 5 billion probiotics, so you’ll be left feeling great!
Symbio wants to help Kiwis feel better this festive season, so has launched the Symbio Summer Feel Good Challenge – simply sign up online and enjoy a serve of Symbio yoghurt each day for 14 days. They’re so confident you’ll feel better by the end of it that they even have a money back guarantee – if you don’t feel more comfortable at the end of the challenge you’ll get your money back. Win-win!
They’ll set you up with a discount coupon so you can fill your fridge with Symbio yoghurt (which tastes amazing by the way!), plus you’ll receive emails with wellness tips and inspiration on how to enjoy your daily serving.
Each of these individual cheesecakes has a serve of Symbio yoghurt whipped through the filling and dolloped on top, making them a better-for-you treat to enjoy on warm summer evenings. To make them just that little bit better, the filling is lightly sweetened with honey rather than icing sugar – good, huh?
Topped with a generous handful of chopped strawberries and a scattering of white chocolate pieces, these cheesecakes will soon become a favourite summer dessert. The best part? They taste just as good as a regular cheesecake, but without so much guilt!
Makes four individual cheesecakes
- 250g plain biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Symbio Natural Unsweetened yoghurt
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g Symbio Natural Unsweetened yoghurt
- strawberries, finely diced
- white chocolate, chopped
- Process biscuits to a fine crumb. Add butter and process until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between four glasses, pressing until firm.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add Symbio yoghurt, honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Divide filling evenly between prepared glasses, smoothly with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, dollop two heaped teaspoons of Symbio yoghurt on top of each cheesecake.
- Top with diced strawberries and finish with a sprinkling of white chocolate pieces.
Want to join the Symbio Summer Feel Good Challenge? Then click here and get started!
This post was made possible with thanks to Symbio.