Lemon Sugar Cookies
Recipe amended from Baking Bites
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 225g butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla essence and lemon zest.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture, mixing well between each addition. Once all added, mix until well combined and dough comes together, away from the sides of the bowl.
- Split into two balls, flatten into discs and wrap in glad-wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line baking tray.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll on lightly floured bench until about 0.5cm thick. Cut out shapes and transfer to baking tray.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookies begin to turn light brown around the edges. Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes, the transfer to rack to cool completely.