Hello lovely readers of High Tea with Dragons. I am Lydia from Lydia Bakes and I’m honoured to be guest blogging over here for Kirsten while she is away honeymooning!
Kirsten and I have very similar tastes when it comes to baking, when Kirsten mentioned guest blogging on High Tea with Dragons I knew I had to make something sweet and fun.
I decided to add a twist to a classic cookie, Melting Moments. These eggless cookies truly do melt in your mouth and with a sweet candyfloss flavoured filling they’re the perfect treat to satisfy a sweet tooth craving!
Recipe adapted from the Edmonds Cookbook
Makes 24 Sandwiched Cookies
- 200g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 C Icing Sugar
- 1 C Flour
- 1 C Cornflour
- 1/2 t Baking Powder
- Pink food colouring (I used Wilton Rose gel colouring)
- 100g Butter, softened
- 1/8 t Candyfloss Flavouring (you can get this in cake decorating shops or online)
- 2 C Icing Sugar
- 1 1/2 T Milk approx.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat butter until light in colour.
- Sift icing sugar into bowl and mix together until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture gradually, continue to mix until well combined.
- Add a few drops of pink food colouring to the cookie dough and mix until combined, add colouring until it reaches a nice strong pink colour (the colour will fade after baking).
- Using a half tablespoon measuring spoon or a small cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and roll into a balls.
- Place cookie balls well spaced out on cookie trays and flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the trays for five minutes before placing on cooling racks.
- Cool completely before filling.
Candy Floss Icing
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add candyfloss flavouring and mix until combined.
- Sift icing sugar into bowl and mix.
- Add milk one tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency for piping.
Note: You do not need much flavouring as it is very concentrated, however feel free to add more to taste, 1/8 th of a teaspoon was enough for me!