If you love Moro bars then this recipe is going to be right up your alley – Moro-bubble Bars! A decadent twist on the classic rice bubble treats, not are they incredibly quick to make they’re so simple even the smallest members of your household will be able to help out. Simply melt Moro bars together with a little butter and golden syrup, mix together with some rice bubbles and pop in the fridge!
The nougat and caramel gives the bars a chewy, sweet flavour while the chocolate binds it all together. I finished mine with a bit of melted chocolate just to give a tidier finish… who am I kidding, I just wanted more chocolate!
- 50g butter
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 4 Moro bars, chopped
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper
- Place butter, golden syrup and three chopped Moro bars in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring with a widen spoon
- Once completely melted and smooth, remove mixture from heat
- Place rice bubbles and remaining chopped Moro bar in a large bowl. Add melted Moro mixture and stir with wooden spoon until well combined and all rice bubbles are coated.
- Scoop into prepared pan and spread evenly with back of a spoon. Place in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature before slicing into squares or bars
Optional: Melt 250g of dark chocolate in 30 second bursts in microwave, mixing well between each. Add 1 tsp oil and mix well. Pour over set Moro-bubble slice and place in fridge to set.