Today’s recipe is for one of my favourite muffin in the world – blueberry cumble! I literally ate these every day for breakfast while we were in New York and Washington D.C. – not only proving I chose muffins over a balanced breakfast but also how delicious they are!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious sweet treat to tuck in lunchboxes this year then you have to try this recipe for blueberry crumble muffins. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re really easy to make – just 10 minutes of mixing, 20 minutes of baking and you’re all set!
The finished muffins are moist and flavoursome, packed with just the right amount of blueberries, while the crumble topping gives them a bit of sweetness and interest. Not a fan of blueberries? No problem – simply swap them out for your favourite fresh or frozen berries.
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 35g butter, softened and cubed
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 113g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Place dry topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork until well combined. Add butter and rub through dry ingredients to a crumb. Set aside
- Place all dry muffin ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold through blueberries.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cases. Fill with muffin mixture. Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake for 20 minutes.