Ever wondered how sweet and salty treats just work? It’s simple really – you’re basically throwing a party for your taste buds! The sweetness tantalises some of your taste buds, while the saltiness teases the others, leaving everyone happy.
It kind of makes you want to make a sweet and salty treat, right? You know, to test the theory and everything. Well luckily I have just the recipe for you – a 15 minute, bakeless, totally delicious peanut & pretzel slice!
Inspired by Cadbury Dairy Milk’s new Pretzel & Peanut block, the beauty of this slice is in the flavours – peanuts and chocolate, pretzels and chocolate, peanuts and pretzels… no matter which way you look at it, this slice is a winner.
Let’s begin with the peanut butter base – it’s sweet and smooth, disappearing in your mouth with just the right amount of crunch. Then there’s the topping. After melting together milk chocolate with a little peanut butter, the chocolate is spread over the slice and scattered with a generous helping of crushed honey roasted peanuts and pretzels. Delish!
I’m a big pretzel-fan, so I made sure there were a lot of crushed pretzels littering the top of this creation but you can simply add as many – or as little – as you like. The same goes for the honey roasted peanuts. You can easily tailor the ratio of sweet/salty in the topping however you like without worrying about ruining the recipe – it’s all up to your taste buds.
The beauty of this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make – you’ll have the whole thing prepared and chilling in the fridge in under 15 minutes! Plus you don’t even need to switch on the oven – how good is that?
Want to bring an extra kick to your slice? Then use a block of Cadbury Dairy Milk’s new Pretzel & Peanut for the topping instead of plain milk chocolate. Just like this slice, the chocolate is packed with pretzel pieces and honey roasted peanuts, making it super easy to bring a little extra flavour (and crunch!) to this recipe.
- 130g plain biscuits, crushed (I used Super Wine)
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 150g Cadbury Dairy Milk Pretzel & Peanut or milk chocolate
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts, crushed
- ½ cup pretzels, crushed
- Line a 25x15cm (or similar) slice plan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Mixture should hold together when pressed.
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan and spread until base is fully covered. Press firmly.
- In a small bowl, place broken chocolate and peanut butter and heat in microwave in 30 second burst, mixing between each, until smooth and combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture over base, spreading right to the edges of the pan.
- Mix crushed peanuts and pretzels together in a small bowl, then scatter over the chocolate topping. Once covered, press peanuts and pretzels lightly with your finger tips to make sure they stick to the chocolate.
- Place in fridge to set for 1-2 hours. Slice into squares and enjoy.
Cadbury Dairy Milk welcomes two new additions to the family – Pretzel & Peanut and Salted Caramel. The new Cadbury Dairy Milk Pretzel & Peanut and Salted Caramel blocks are available in supermarkets nationwide, for a limited time.
This post was made possible with thanks to Cadbury Dairy Milk.