- 200g butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 3 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa, then pour into bowl. Scatter cornflakes on top and mix until combined. Don’t over mix or the cornflakes will become too finely crushed.
- Roll into small balls and place on lined baking tray. Flatten each one slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes then cool on a wire rack before icing with basic chocolate icing.