Recipe adapted from Chez Les Meron
- 1 cup Chelsea Organic Coconut Sugar
- 25ml water
- 50g butter, cubed
- 150ml cream, room temperature
- Place the coconut sugar and water into a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring sugar to the boil. Do not stir. Boil for approx.. 2 minutes until sugar syrup reaches a deep amber colour. Remember – it will be dark from the outset due to the hue of the coconut sugar, so keep a careful eye on it to avoid it burning.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until melted and combined. Add cream and stir, taking care as the mixture will bubble and spit.
- Place pan back over low heat and stir until the mixture coats the back of a spoon when dipped.
- Allow caramel to cool to lukewarm before pouring into sterilised jars.