Christmas is just around the corner, which means now’s the time to start thinking about all the beautiful treats you’re going to bake this festive season. Seriously, it will be here before you know it!
One of my favourite things to whip up over the festive season is White Christmas. Not only is it one of the quickest things ever to make, but there are a hundred different twists you can take on it to tailor it to your own tastes – or those of the lucky people you gift it to!
But this particular White Christmas recipe is one of my absolute favourites – it’s just so festive! Think creamy white chocolate packed with chopped glacé cherries, blanched almonds, pistachios and a few rice bubbles for extra crunch. Good, right?
The trick when making something as simple as White Christmas is making sure that the ingredients you use are top quality – think about it, when there are only a few ingredients, you really need each one to pop! That’s where Tasti comes into the mix!
Tasti’s range of glacé cherries and nuts are my go-to each Christmas (and let’s be honest, anytime I bake with fruit and nuts throughout the year). You can always rely on their products to be top notch – plus they’re packaged in handy amounts to help make baking easy, with both grams and cup measures on every pack.
So grab the ingredients and get baking – I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe!
Makes approx 28 pieces
- 75g Tasti Red Glace Cherries, halved
- 75g Tasti Green Glace Cherries, halved
- 140g Tasti Blanched Almonds, broken
- 140g Tasti Pistachios, broken
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 500g white chocolate, broken
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Grease and line a 20x30cm slice tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine glace cherries, nuts and rice bubbles. Stir gently until well combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a large pot over very low heat. Stir continuously until melted and smooth. Add vanilla essence and stir until combined.
- Remove chocolate from heat and add dry ingredients (I left a handful in the bowl to scatter on top). Stir until well combined and scoop into prepared tin. Press evenly.
- Scatter with remaining dry ingredients (if desired). Place in fridge for 2 hours or until set. Slice using a warm knife.
Thanks to the lovely team at Tasti, I have a fab prize pack to give away to one lucky reader with a whole bunch of Tasti products!
To enter, simply comment below and let me know what your favourite thing to bake at Christmas is.
Entries close at 11.59pm Thursday 8 December and the winner will be drawn at random on Friday 9 December. Winner must make contact within 3 business days or they will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn. Sorry – this giveaway is only open to New Zealand residents.
This post was made possible with thanks to Tasti. All recipes, images and opinions are, and always will be, my own.