The days are longer, brighter and warmer – which means summer is just around the corner! One of the best things about summer is having friends and family over for lazy get togethers to make the most of that beautiful summer weather.
But while the firing up the BBQ can get you through for a while, it’s always good to have a couple of quick, easy and delicious recipes on hand to help keep your menu looking fresh all summer long.
That’s where this delicious simple spinach quiche comes in. Made with plenty of (you guessed it) spinach, a handful of grated cheese and a creamy filling made with egg, milk and Best Foods Mayonnaise, this recipe is always on repeat at our place over summer.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s packed with flavour without requiring lots of different ingredients – the spinach, onion, grated cheese and Best Foods Mayo with a Touch of Garlic really pack a punch. The beauty of using this mayo is that it serves two purposes – not only does it add a hint of garlic to the finished quiche, but because it’s made with real eggs, it also helps the finished quiche to stay beautifully creamy.
The best part is you can have all the key ingredients sitting in your freezer and pantry all summer long, ready to whip it together when you know guests are coming over. Like all good quiches, this recipe is great to make ahead – simply pop it in the fridge once baked and reheat or serve cold the next day. Easy!
So pop to your local supermarket and check out the new Best Foods Flavoured Mayonnaise range – there are four flavours (check them out below), so there are lots of ways for you to spice up your baking this summer!
- A Touch of Garlic
- A Spark of Chilli
- A Pinch of Mustard
- A Zing of Lemon
Simple spinach quiche
- 1 ½ sheets pre-rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Best Foods Mayonnaise with a Touch of Garlic
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup grated cheese, Edam or similar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease pie dish and lay pre-rolled pastry into dish, joining sheets as required. Trim excess. Place sheet of baking paper over pastry and fill with dry rice. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove rice and baking paper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until translucent. Add thawed spinach and toss until well combined. Scoop into prepared base.
- In a small bowl, combine Best Foods Mayonnaise with a touch of Garlic and milk and whisk until combined. Add eggs and whisk until well combined. Pour over spinach mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Gently toss with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
Thanks to the lovely team at Best Foods I have three delicious hampers to give away to three lucky readers!
Each hamper includes each of the four new mayo flavours, Best Foods Original and Lite Mayos and two Best Foods oven mitts. To be in to win, simply leave a comment below with which flavour you’d most like to try this summer.
Entries closed at 11.59pm Saturday 3 December and the winner will be drawn at random on Sunday 4 December. Winner must make contact within 3 business days or they will forfeit the prize a new winner will be drawn. Sorry – this giveaway is only open to New Zealand residents.
This post was made possible with thanks to Best Foods Mayonnaise. All recipes, images and opinions are my own.