Easter is officially less than a month away, so now’s the perfect time to start planning your Easter baking – because if there’s anything better than Easter eggs, it’s homemade Easter treats!
Cupcakes are a great treat to make at Easter (and any time of the year that is) and make the perfect Easter gift – after all, what’s not to love about a delicious cupcake topped with plenty of icing and Easter goodness?
That’s where these cute little Easter cupcakes come in. Not only do they look adorable with a little homemade white chocolate bunny and mini speckled eggs nestled amongst the creamy green buttercream icing, but the cupcakes themselves have a little surprise hiding inside… a mini caramel egg! Delish, huh?
The beauty of this Easter treat is that you can get everything you need – right from the Easter themed cupcake cases and eggs through to the silicone Easter chocolate mould and kid-friendly decorating supplies – from one shop that I bet you have not too far from you right now. Yip, all the bits and pieces you need to make these Easter treats are from The Warehouse.
The Warehouse is my go-to Easter shop simply because they have everything you need to get Easter sorted, including a massive range of Easter eggs (including allergy free chocolate), craft supplies and gorgeous baking supplies at ridiculously good prices. You know, in case the Easter bunny feels like bringing a few extra treats along this year. They even sell Edmonds chocolate cupcake mix if you’re super pressed for time!
These delicious little Easter cupcakes are even more fun to decorate than they are to bake – if you have kids in the house I’m sure you will have no shortage of little helping hands when it comes time to decorate. The Allyson Gofton decorating kit is perfect for when you know the kids will want to help as the icing is safely tucked away in a twist-top tube that they simply squeeze to use. No more hands covered in icing as it bursts out the top of a decorating bag!
So hop into your nearest The Warehouse store, pick-up your supplies and get baking!
Caramel Easter egg stuffed cupcakes
Adapted from Lydia Bakes. Makes 12
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup coffee
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 12 mini caramel Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tray with Easter cupcake cases
- In a small bowl, prepare coffee and set aside to cool
- Place flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg, oil, coffee and buttermilk and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Increase to medium and mix for approx. one minute. The mixture will be very runny.
- Pour into prepared cases until approx. ¾ full. Unwrap caramel Easter eggs and press one into the centre of each cupcake.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in tins for 5 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
You will need
- Easter silicone chocolate mould
- 200g Cadbury Dream chocolate
- ½ batch buttercream icing, tinted green
- Allyson Gofton Cupcake Decorating Kit
- 1 bag mini speckled eggs
- Place two rows of chocolate in a mug and melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing between each round.
- Spoon melted chocolate into bunny moulds and place in fridge until set. Pop chocolates out of silicone mould and place on sheet of baking paper in the fridge until required. Repeat these steps until all chocolate has been used.
- Spoon buttercream into orange tipped decorating bottle (#4 tip) and screw top back on. Squeeze icing onto cupcakes in a dabbing motion to resemble grass. Top each cupcake with prepared chocolate bunny and speckled eggs.
This post was made possible thanks to The Warehouse. All opinions are my own.