Everyone needs a fail-proof, sure-to-please recipe in their arsenal perfect for those last minute events you need home baking for – which is where these biscuits come in. Whether it’s a shared lunch or unexpected guests, these chocolate and caramel biscuits are guaranteed to please.
Soft and chewy, decadent and moorish, these biscuits are my absolute go-to when you need delicious baking in a pinch. Not only is the dough deliciously soft and chocolatey, but they’re packed with chunks of real milk chocolate – no baking chocolate in sight!
But the best thing about these biscuits is how easy they are to make – you’ll have the mixture whipped up in just minutes and a tray (or six) ready to pop in the oven before you know it. Perfect for those evenings when you just don’t have the time to spend baking and decorating something elaborate – or when you desperately need a sweet treat in the house!
It’s the chunks of real caramel filled chocolate that really make these biscuits so special – every biscuit is guaranteed to have a piece of gooey chocolate hiding inside, making them a truly devilish treat.
- 225g butter, softened and cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 275g Whittaker’s caramel milk chocolate, in pieces
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda to wet mixture, and mix until well combined. Add chocolate and stir until evenly dispersed through mixture.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized heaps of mixture and roll into balls. Place on baking tray and lightly flatten with fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits centres are set but still soft. Allow to cool on baking tray for approx. five minutes before carefully transferring to cooling rack.